You are currently browsing the monthly archive for January 2014.
My Baby Pajamas received a few new items in stock. We now have in stock Kickee Pants Natural Jacks Ruffle footie pajamas for girls. This footie comes in sizes 3-6 Month to size 4T. It’s priced at $38.00. If you haven’t tried Kickee Pants yet, you really should and I promise you will not be disappointed.
My Baby Pajamas also received some Claesen’s girl boxers in stock. You are going to want to shop now because Claesen’s girl boxers sell out fast! Be sure to check out the Claesen’s Yellow Dot Girl Hipster Boxer and the Claesen’s Flower Print Girl Hipster Boxer. Both these boxers come in sizes 2 years to 14 years. The boxers are a 2 pack and are priced at $24.00.
Shop now for all our new items at My Baby Pajamas.
Today is National Popcorn Day and who doesn’t like popcorn! It’s actually one of my husband’s favorite snacks (first being pretzels). Of course it’s a necessity to have while watching a movie. Can you really watch a movie without popcorn? Especially at the movie theater were they drench your popcorn in butter. Anyway, in honor of National Popcorn Day I thought I would give you some fun facts about popcorn and a delicious recipe for Chocolate Carmel Popcorn. Yum!
Fun Facts about popcorn:
- Americans consume some 16 billion quarts of this whole grain, good-for-you treat. That’s 51 quarts per man, woman, and child.
- Compared to most snack foods, popcorn is low in calories. Air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup. Oil-popped is only 55 per cup.
- Popcorn is a type of maize (or corn), a member of the grass family, and is scientifically known as Zea mays everta.
- Of the 6 types of maize/corn—pod, sweet, flour, dent, flint, and popcorn—only popcorn pops.
- Most U.S. popcorn is grown in the Midwest, primarily in Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri.
- The peak period for popcorn sales for home consumption is in the fall.
- Most popcorn comes in two basic shapes when it’s popped: snowflake and mushroom. Snowflake is used in movie theaters and ballparks because it looks and pops bigger. Mushroom is used for candy confections because it doesn’t crumble.
- Popping popcorn is one of the number one uses for microwave ovens. Most microwave ovens have a “popcorn” control button.
- How high popcorn kernels can pop? Up to 3 feet in the air.
- The world’s largest popcorn ball was created by volunteers in Sac City, Iowa in February, 2009. It weighed 5,000 lbs., stood over 8 ft. tall, and measured 28.8 ft. in circumference.
- If you made a trail of popcorn from New York City to Los Angeles, you would need more than 352,028,160 popped kernels!
Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Recipe:
Recipe from: Mom on Timeout
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups coarsely chopped mixed nuts (optional)
- 1 package (8 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 225ºF. Spray a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine popcorn and nuts in baking pan and place in oven to keep warm.
- Heat chocolate, brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until boiling, stirring occasionally
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in baking soda.
- Pour chocolate-caramel mixture carefully over popcorn and nuts.
- Use cooking spray-coated tongs or a spatula to toss the popcorn and chocolate-caramel mixture.
- Bake popcorn for 60 minutes stirring popcorn about halfway through.
- Let popcorn cool completely on wire rack.
- Break popcorn into bite-sized pieces and store in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoy the popcorn as much as we did in our house! Until next time…keep popping 🙂
Usually I am not a big fan of baked goods that are “healthier” for you. It always seems like something is missing to me. Well, this recipe will not disappoint at all. I came across the recipe on Sally’s Baking Addiction (I just love her blog) and the pictures made the muffins look so good I thought I would give them a taste.
I made the muffins without my family knowing they were from a skinny recipe. As they were baking they absolutely smelled delicious! The real taste test would be my boys and if they ate them. Well, my boys crushed them and I mean crushed them. I think the twelve muffins were gone within 48 hours. After they were all gone I finally told everyone that these muffins were from a skinny recipe… they asked me to make them again soon 🙂 That’s a winner!!
Recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Yields a dozen muffins
- 3/4 cup (133g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 large egg)
- 3/4 cup (183g) vanilla Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, plain or vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (62g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (64g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (64g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (90g) mini chocolate chips, plus a few more for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray. Do not use liners.
In a large bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, honey, egg whites, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Whisk them all together until smooth, with no yogurt lumps remaining.
Sift* the flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together. Slowly stir in the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix. Get any dry pockets of flour out. Fold in the mini chocolate chips. The batter will be a little chunky. This is ok.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups – fill them all the way to the top if you can. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F. Keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the temperature down to 375 and continue to bake for 13 more minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of one muffin. If it comes out clean, they are done. If not, bake for only 2 more minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12 muffins. Muffins stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Muffins freeze well up to 3 months: heat up for 45 seconds to thaw.
Do you have a great recipe you would like to share? Just email us at Linda@mybabypajamas.com. Please attach a photo if you can. If your recipe is chosen, you will win a $25.00 Gift Certificate to our website. Who doesn’t want free kids pajamas? Please share this contest/giveaway!
I just wanted to let everyone know that My Baby Pajamas just received a small shipment of Claesen’s boy boxers. My Baby Pajamas received the Claesen’s Blue Stripe Boy Boxers in sizes 2 Years to 14 Years. The 2 pack of boxer briefs is $25.00. Also, My Baby Pajamas received more Claesen’s Star Boy Boxers and Claesen’s Denim Boy Boxers.
If your son or grandson has never tried Claesen’s boy boxer briefs they are missing out! My youngest son lives in his Claesen’s boxers. And I mean lives in them. The minute he gets home from school, karate, errands, you name it, the clothes come off and he only wears his Claesen’s boy boxers around the house. He evens sleeps in them and just them!
Just in case you don’t believe me, here is my youngest right after he came in the house from school. Yes, he didn’t even take his shoes off! Love this kid 🙂
My Baby Pajamas January 2014 Freebie Friday giveaway starts today, Friday January 3, 2014. This month My Baby Pajamas is giving away one pair (1) of size 10 Boys Skivvydoodles Sea Life pajamas. These pajamas are a two piece set with long sleeves and long pants. Perfect for the winter months. What better way to start off the new year!
Here is how to enter to win:
- Main entry: Answer the question on this blog post: Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? If so, what is yours?
- extra entry: subscribe to our newsletter for our website ( already subscribe, let us know).
- extra entry: Follow us on Twitter
- extra entry: Like us on Facebook
- extra entry: Follow us on Pinterest
- Must have a U.S. Mailing address and be 18 years or older to enter. Good Luck!
This giveaway will end on Friday, January 31, 2014. We will announce our winner by Monday, February 3, 2014. Winner will be picked by Random.org
Good luck to everyone!!!
Congratulations to Anne Dall! She is the winner of the My Baby Pajamas January 2014 giveaway.