You are currently browsing the monthly archive for December 2013.
I want to apologize to everyone for taking the last two weeks off. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. In this house we had three out of four of us sick, family in town plus Christmas…it’s been an adventure! So with that being said it’s time to get back to blogging. Oh, how I have missed cooking and baking for the blog. So after everyone finally was better I decided to make a chocolate chip loaf cake. They boys wanted something sweet but not too sweet for dessert one night. This loaf cake did not disappoint. It literally was gone in a 24- hour period!! My husband loved it and he’s not a big sweets person at all.
Recipe from : Mama’s Gotta Bake
Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
Yields two 9 x 5 loafs. I cut the recipe in half and just made one loaf. Next time I will definitely make both loafs and freeze one 🙂
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (1-12 ounce bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With a pastry brush and melted butter, grease the bottom and sides of two 9″ x 5″ loaf pans and line with parchment paper greasing the parchment paper also.
- Sift the flour and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. With the mixer on low, stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the 8 eggs and then add them to the butter-sugar mixture, mixing until they’re incorporated. With the mixer on low, mix in the flour until it is incorporated. With the mixer on low, add in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for about 65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool cakes in the pans on wire racks for 30 minutes before removing from the pans.
Do you have a great recipe you would like to share? Just email us at Linda@mybabypajamas.com. Please attach a photo if you can. If your recipe is chosen, you will win a $25.00 Gift Certificate to our website Who doesn’t want free kids pajamas? Please share this contest/giveaway!
Now I know this isn’t exactly baking or cooking but I thought it was such a cute idea for Christmas I wanted to share with you all. Christmas Hugs make the perfect gift for your neighbors, employees, teachers, etc. I found the idea on Pinterest and my boys even had fun helping me make them for everyone. I will be honest taking off the wrappers to the Kisses and Rolo’s was probably the hardest thing about this gift 🙂
- 50 rolos or hugs (we did a combination of the two)
- 50 pretzels (Snyders Butter Snaps)
- 50 M&M’s
- 1. Heat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- 2. Place pretzels on baking sheet. Top each pretzel with one unwrapped rolo or hug.
- 3. Bake 3 to 5 minutes (2 1/2 minutes was perfect for me) or until chocolate begins to soften, but not melt. Remove from oven; top with either M&M, pecan half or additional pretzel. Cool completely.
We got the idea from I Heart Nap Time blog!
My Baby Pajamas wishes everyone a Happy Holiday season! Enjoy!
My Baby Pajamas just received a shipment of Esme underwear for girls. We received our best selling Esme Pure Pink pattern plus the new Esme Blue Cheetah and Esme Sherbert patterns. These are sure to sell fast! Esme underwear for girls come in sizes XSmall (2-3 Years) to size PT (14-16 Years).
My Baby Pajamas is also offering 15% off your entire order now. Use code WINTER13 at view cart before checkout to receive your 15% off.
We also have just a little left in stock of the Sara’s Prints Christmas pajamas. They are selling fast! Be sure to stop by our website and take a look around 🙂
Happy Holidays from My Baby Pajamas!