You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘blueberry muffins recipe’ tag.
I know it’s been awhile again since I posted some of my recipes that I have tried and tested on Pinterest. Just so you know I have not stopped baking or cooking but I have been really busy with life 🙂 Anyway, I have a bunch of recipes that I want to share with you all. Also, I have been doing a lot of gluten-free and vegan dinner dishes and sides. I realized I wanted to amp up my training for the fall running races I have coming up and decided to change my diet to see if I see a difference in my running. Well, it’s been about a month or so and I feel fabulous!! Don’t get me wrong I am still eating meat, but to be honest I have never been a huge meat eater. In fact, I was a vegetarian for about 10 years of my life. When I was pregnant with my first son, I really started to carve meat. I guess my body was telling me something because I was low in Iron. Anyway, I started to eat meat again but never more than 3 oz. at dinner. I will be sharing all my favorite meals I have been making soon. But for know I want to post my youngest sons favorite muffin recipe. These freeze great too! I keep a couple out for the boys and then freeze the rest and toss one in their lunch.
Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
Makes one dozen muffins
Recipe from: Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray or liners. Set aside
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and yogurt, alternating between the two; until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- The batter will be very thick. Scoop into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 and bake for 15 more minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and set on a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze.
In our house blueberry muffins are a big request from my husband and my youngest son. My husband likes them so much he will even make a box of Jiffy blueberry muffins on his own. GROSS!! Anyway, I came across this recipe that has a crumb topping. I just love crumb toppings! Well, I just had to give it a try. Also, these blueberry muffins are made with Greek yogurt that really makes these muffins moist. I promise if you like blueberry muffins, you will LOVE these! Enjoy baking 🙂
Here is the recipe:
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C plain traditional Greek yogurt (I’ve never tried using fat-free and don’t know how it works)
- 4 C AP flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 C fresh or frozen blueberries tossed with 1 tbsp of flour just before adding to the batter
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C AP flour
- 1/2 C butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make crumb topping by combining all ingredients in a bowl and pinching with your fingers until the butter is fully incorporated and it looks like coarse sand. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla; mixing until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Alternately add 1/3 flour and 1/3 yogurt to the sugar mixture and repeat, stirring just slightly between each addition. The key to moist muffins is to keep the batter from becoming over mixed. Only mix until no dry spots remain- there will be lumps and that’s okay.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, mixing only until they are evenly distributed.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin until 2/3 full. Spoon 1 1/2-2 tbsp of crumb mixture on top of each muffin (it will look like a lot of crumbs).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with only moist crumbs.
Source of the recipe is heatherlikesfood.com
Do you have a great recipe you would like to share? Just email us at Linda@mybabypajamas.com. Please attach a photo if you can. If your recipe is chosen, you will win a $25.00 Gift Certificate to our website Who doesn’t want free kids pajamas? Please share this contest/giveaway!