Runners love peanut butter and who doesn’t love chocolate! So I was excited when I came across this recipe when I was reading the June 2013 Runner’s World magazine. It’s easy and is a no bake recipe. Who doesn’t love that 🙂 These make the perfect treat to grab out of the fridge and go. I promise if you would bring these to a party they will be the first thing gone. They are that good!
My youngest son wanted me not to dip all the pretzels in the chocolate so we had some without the chocolate and they were just as good. I personally preferred the pretzels with the chocolate but everyone has their own taste and style. I stored these in an airtight Tupperware container in the fridge. They would also be great in the freeze in the hot summer months.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bites
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 bag of mini pretzels
2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
How to Make:
1. Combine the peanut butter and butter together until creamy.
2. Stir in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well mixed.
3. Roll teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture into balls; sandwich between two pretzels and place on a cookie sheet.
4. Freeze the pretzel sandwiches for 30 minutes.
5. Melt the chocolate chips. Dip half of each pretzel in chocolate. Return to the cookie sheet and freeze for another 30 minutes. Store in the fridge until serving time.
Do you have a great recipe you would like to share? Just email us at Linda@mybabypajamas.com. Please attach a photo if you can. If your recipe is chosen, you will win a $25.00 Gift Certificate to our website Who doesn’t want free kids pajamas? Please share this contest/giveaway!